Once you have a pure jar of liquid culture you can then expand into more jars.
- 1 mycelliated liquid culture jar
- 1 sterilsed liquid culture jar
- 1 syringe with needle (16 guage)
- Alcohol spray (ISO Propynol diluted to 70%)
- Sterilise the jars, syringe and needle (if re-using glass syringe and steel needle). Allow to cool.
- Aerate liquid media jars (see Liquid Culture Growth and Development)
- Spray both silcone injection sites with alcohol.
- Insert syringe into mycelliated jar and draw out 2-10ml of media..
- Insert the needle through the airport lid of the fresh liquid media jar and inject in the jar, the more Liquid Culture you use the faster the growth but 1ml is sufficient.
- Label and date the jar to be stored in your incubation space