One easy method to grow mushroom indoors is to make a simple growing chamber with a plastic storage container.
In short, you can use perlite, an industrial mineral with a crystalline structure, to slowly evaporate water in a clear plastic container thereby creating an environment with close to 100% humidity. This will prevent your exposed mycelium from drying out.
- 50l plastic storage container
- 3mm drill bit
- 1mm drill bit
- drill 3mm holes about 2 inches apart on the sides and lid of the box
- using 1mm drill bit sparsely drill holes in bottom of container
- soak the perlite and drain
- fill the container with 3-4 inches of perlite
- place your substrate on a lid or similar surface on top of the perlite
- follow the growth parameters of the mushroom you are trying to cultivate and good luck!