In the same way to can clone a mushroom onto agar you can culture directly into liquid culture from a fresh fruitbody, In short you are making a biopsy of a mushroom using a syringe needle and injecting that sample through the airport lid.
- 1 airport jar with steriles liquid meida
- 1 airport jar with fresh water
- 1 syringe with needle (16-18 guage)
- Tin foil
- Alcohol spray (ISO Propynol diluted to 70%)
- 1 fresh mushroom
- Sterilise the jars, syringe and needle (if re-using glass syringe and steel needle). Allow to cool.
- Aerate Liquid media jar (see Liquid Culture Growth and Development)
- Spray both silcone injection sites with alcohol.
- Using syringe draw up 5ml of water.
- Making sure you have cleaned the mushroom, slice it in half and using the needle stab the fresh inner flesh. Check that there is tissue in the needle shaft. Repeat until you can see tiisue in the needle.
- Insert the needle through the airport lid and inject in the jar.
- Label and date the jar to be stored in your incubation space